Mold will grow on any surface that provides it with the right conditions. It can invade not just our homes but our workplaces too. In the business world, fostering a clean, healthy, and professional atmosphere is a vital factor in your team’s well-being. In this article, we’ll explore different aspects of commercial mold remediation. Our […]
Here are cleaning and disinfection steps to take after suspected or confirmed COVID-19 exposure at your facility.
Your business should:
- Close off areas visited by the ill persons.
- Open outside doors and windows and use ventilating fans to increase air circulation in the area.
- Wait 24 hours or as long as practical before Comm-Clean begins cleaning and disinfection.
- Contact Comm-Clean Inc and advise of exposure, if emergency or non-emergency, and time of incident.
- Comm-Clean will schedule services in accordance with your request
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Comm-Clean cleaning staff will clean and disinfect all areas such as offices, bathrooms, common areas, shared electronic equipment (like, keyboards, remote controls, and phones) used by the ill persons, focusing especially on frequently touched surfaces.
Hard (Non-porous) Surfaces
- If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- For disinfection, we use EPA-registered disinfectants.
- Comm-Clean will use an EPA-approved disinfectant for use against the virus that causes COVID-19. We follow all manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products for concentration, application method and contact time, etc.
Soft (Porous) Surfaces
- For soft (porous) surfaces such as carpeted floors, rugs, & upholstery. Comm-Clean uses our truck mounted hot steam extraction carpet cleaning system (steam temps up to 150 degrees).
- Comm-Clean will use an EPA-approved disinfectant appropriate for porous surfaces and use against the virus that causes COVID-19. We follow all manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products for concentration, application method and contact time, etc.
- For electronics such as, keyboards, remote controls, and phones, remove visible contamination if present.
- We follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products.
- We use wipeable covers for electronics.
It is crucial that you have a professional service to mitigate, clean, and sanitize all areas an individual has come in contact with, that is presumed to have or has tested positive for COVID-19.